For April Showers You Need an Umbrella
by Dave Reese
The Reese Agency
Farmers Insurance at Oakmont
We have all heard the old proverb “April showers bring May flowers”. Hearing this recently made me think of how this applies to our lives. One thing that we all need is to protect ourselves for those “rainy days” that we face.
One of the best ways to prepare for the storms in life is to buy umbrella coverage. Umbrella coverage is extra liability insurance over and above all your other insurance policies. It is designed to protect you from major claims and lawsuits while protecting your assets and your future.
So, what does umbrella coverage pay for? Let’s look at a quick list:
Bodily Injury Liability
– covering medical bills and/or liability claims due to:
• Bodily injury to other parties as the result of an accident that you caused
• Injury caused to others because of your animals
• Injuries sustained by a guest in your home
• Injuries to a child that is playing in your yard
Property Damage Liability
– covers damage or loss to another person’s tangible property.
• Damage to vehicles and other property as the result of an accident
• Damage claims due to your pet destroying your friends priceless rug
• Accidental damage to school property caused by your child
Owners of Rental Units
– protects you against liability that you may face as a landlord.
• Accidental falls on the property
• Your tenants dog biting and you being held for responsible for injuries
Coverage is also provided should you be sued for:
• False arrest, detention, or imprisonment
• Malicious prosecution
• Shock/mental anguish
• Other personal liability situations
by Rocky Haire Well, there’s a period of time in the foreclosure process that can change everything. When you’re 90
Amy is the mother of a 16 month old and works full-time. She is one of the most caring people,